The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 sets out the audit framework for local public authorities - under which parish councils with an annual turnover not exceeding £25,000 became - in most circumstances - exempt from external audit. In place of the latter, we are subject to requirements laid out in a Transparency Code published by central government. This Code enables local electors to access relevant information online about our accounts and governance.
You will find that infomation in this section of our website - see the menu at top left.
Bamford with Thornhill Parish Council
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement: 3 June 2018 (a)
2. Each year the Parish Council’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) might be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd, though such a review is not usual. The AGAR has been published with this notice; it has not currently been reviewed by an external auditor.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year, and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Peter Leppard (Parish Clerk), Sickleholme Cottage, Saltergate Lane, Bamford, Hope Valley, S33 0BE
commencing on (c) Monday 4 June 2018
and ending on (d) Friday 13 July 2018
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The Parish Council’s AGAR is subject to possible review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by (e) Peter Leppard, Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
(a) Insert date of placing of the notice which must be not less than 1 day before the date in (c) below.
(b) Insert name, position and address/telephone number/ email address, as appropriate, of the Clerk or other person to which any person may apply to inspect the accounts.
(c) Insert date, which must be at least 1 day after the date of announcement in (a) above and at least 30 working days before the date appointed in (d) below.
(d) The inspection period between (c) and (d) must be 30 working days inclusive and must include the first 10 working days of July.
(e) Insert name and position of person placing the notice – this person must be the responsible financial officer for the smaller authority.