Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bamfordparishcouncil
PARISH COUNCIL ELECTION - 2nd MAY 2019
Parish Councillors are elected for a 4-year term and, as the last such election was in 2015, the next is in 2019.
As a Parish Councillor you can become a democratic voice for your community and make a real change. Councillors are community leaders and represent the interests of the communities they serve.
To be eligible to be a Parish Councillor, you need to be at least 18 years old and meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
a. You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish.
b. You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in the parish during the whole of the preceding 12 months.
c. Your main place of work during the 12 months prior to the election has been in the parish.
d. You have lived in the parish or within three miles of it during the whole of the preceding 12 months.
For more details, see https://www.highpeak.gov.uk/article/3558/2019-Elections
Any of the existing Parish Councillors will be happy to give you advice about what’s involved in being a Councillor – a very worthwhile way to serve the community and to get things done.
All ages of candidate will be very welcome - and in particular those between 18 and 50, an age-group which is currently under-represented on the Council.
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of Town/Parish Councillors
Notice is hereby given that an election is to be held for Town/Parish Councillors for the following below
|Parish Wards||Number of Parish Councillors to be elected||Parish Wards||Number of Parish Councillors to be elected|
|Barren Clough, Combs & Whitehough||Two||Yeardsley||Three|
|Brough & Shatton||One||Castleton||Seven|
|Chapel East||Three||Chapel West||Six|
|Chinley, Buxworth & Brownside||Ten||Chisworth||Five|
|Derwent||Two||Dove Holes and Martinside||Two|
|Furness Vale||Three||Green Fairfield||One|
|Hartington Upper Quarter East||Three||Hartington Upper Quarter West||Three|
|Hayfield Town||Eight||Hayfield West||Two|
1. Forms of nomination for Town/Parish Elections may be obtained at Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 6EL from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 6EL on any day after the date of this notice, Monday to Friday 10.00 am to 4.00 pm but no later than 4.00 pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019 between the hours of
7.00 am and 10.00 pm.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday 12 April 2019. Applications can be made online : https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications to vote by post, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 6EL by 5.00 pm on Monday, 15th April 2019.
6. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 6EL by 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election applied for on grounds of physical incapacity, or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Buxton Town Hall, Market Street, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 6EL by 5.00 pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019 if they are to be effective for this election. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5.00 pm on Wednesday 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
20 March 2019 Simon Baker, Returning Officer, Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton, SK17 6EL
The Parish Council is organising litter-picking days, as part of the “Great British Spring Clean”
on both Sat 6 and Sat 13 April
If you can spare a couple of hours, do please come and help.
Meet at the Bamford Institute at 10am, when equipment will be handed out.
(But if you can only make a different time, we can accommodate that, so please get in touch with us to make an arrangement.)
We look forward to seeing you!