Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bamfordparishcouncil
VACANCIES for PARISH COUNCILLORS (Bamford Ward)
Arising from the May 2019 election, four vacancies exist for Councillors to represent Bamford Ward on the Parish Council.
Under the provisions of the Representation of the People Act 1985, it is now proposed to co-opt into these vacancies, and so expressions of interest from potential co-optees are very welcome. The Council meets monthly, usually on a Monday evening.
To obtain more information, or to apply, please contact Peter Leppard, Clerk to the Council (07860 624453) as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!
3 May 2019
SEEKING RESIDENTS' VIEWS
Please help us to understand residents’ views as to which issues our new Parish Council should focus on - there's a short survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PRHSHWN for all residents. Please do participate – it will only take you 2 or 3 minutes. Many thanks!
A number of residents have asked whether the Parish Council could arrange for a regular monthly litter-picking session - rather than the more sporadic ones we have had in the past.
At May's Parish Council meeting, it was decided to take this idea up - and the proposal is to henceforth have a litter-picking session on the first Saturday in every month, starting from June 1st. Obviously this won't be convenient to everyone every month, but we hope that there will be at least a viable number each time - we'll see how it goes.
The plan is to meet at 1000 at the Institute on each occasion (and Sue Beckett says there will be refreshments at the Institute afterwards on each occasion!).
Thank you to everyone for their keenness in getting this going.
BAMFORD WITH THORNHILL PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 25, 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement: 2 June 2019
2. Each year the Parish Council prepares an Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR). The AGAR has been published with this notice. It will not be reviewed by the appointed auditor, since the Parish Council has certified itself as exempt from the appointed auditor’s review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the AGAR, the accounting records for the financial year to which it relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
commencing on Monday 3 June 2019
and ending on Friday 12 July 2019
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The Parish Council’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor only if questions or objections raised under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 lead to the involvement of the auditor. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Peter Leppard (Parish Clerk & Financial Officer)